Do people keep telling you “everything will be okay,” “you did all you could,” or “they loved you so much and you should always remember that?” And all you want is a sign from your pet, letting you know that they are near and that they are okay. Maybe you keep thinking “how I am going to move forward and live with this loss?” Express your feelings and pain. Know that even though it is hard right now, you are not alone. It is possible to live and move forward from the loss. Not move on. Acknowledge the loss and the love. Treasure the experience and moments you had with them. And remember to look around and you are sure to see signs that they are near.
You are strong. This time of grief is an opportunity for you to look at the world differently. There is a new appreciation for life and this beautiful place that your pet was so happy to be apart of. Try to look at this world the way they did. Look around and you will see signs that they are near, visiting you from the afterlife.
- You may hear your pet’s collar jingle as it used to when they were walking around or shaking themselves.
- Wonder what that thudding sound was? Your pet is wagging their tail.
- Clip clip clip, that’s the sound of their nails as they walk around.
- Do you hear their barks, cries, or whimpering?
- Did a song come on the radio that reminded you of them? Or maybe you randomly get the song stuck in your head.
- Have you ever felt them brush up against your leg?
- A sudden change in temperature around you can be a sign that they are near.
- How about that spot they always curled up in? You may find a warm spot.
- When a happy memory just pops into your head out of the blue, they are there to remind you of joy.
- Have you ever interacted with a pet that felt exactly like your pet? Physical impressions are a truly wonderful experience.
In the sky
- Look at the clouds. The clouds may make an image or a line formation that reminds you of your pet – that’s them.
- See that beautiful rainbow? That’s them saying hello and that they are okay on the other side.
- Have you ever had a dream where your pet comes to visit? Check out griefdreams.ca to learn more about grief dreams and listen to my episode on the Grief Dream Podcast.
- Birds are a sign of freedom – common birds to start seeing after a passing are: Blue Jays, Red Robins, Cardinals, and Gold Finches.
- Ever notice those beautiful dragonflies or butterflies? These are a sign from your pet asking you to embrace change.
- Ladybugs may start appearing as a reminder to live your life to the fullest.
- Any other animal that started appearing after the passing that you never seen before could be a sign from your beloved.
- Keep an eye on the behaviour of your other pets. You may notice them focused on something you can’t see. Even playing with what looks like something else but they are by themselves.
- Ever look at the clock and see a repeat of numbers? 11:11 being the most common – these numbers are the spirits telling you that you are on the right path.
- Other number formats can represent special dates, anniversary, etc. For example, if your pet passed away on October 20th, you may see 10.20 on a clock.
- Maybe you’ve noticed a license plate before that insistently reminded you of your pet.
- Did you by chance see movement out of the corner of your eyes?
- Maybe the same picture keeps falling? That’s them letting you know they are around.
- Have you ever experienced a joyful scent out of the blue?
- Maybe you still smell them even when none of there belongings are around.
- You may experience flowers budding, especially out of season. They are letting you know that they are okay and experiencing life in a different form.
- Don’t forget that your pet’s spirit is filled with energy so it’s not uncommon that you may experience electrical manipulations after their passing.
- You may find a feather after their passing. This is the Angel feather letting you know they are safe and at peace.
- Have you ever found a coin with a special year on it? Maybe it was a birth, date, or anniversary.
- Maybe you spotted their name somewhere unexpected.
- Anytime you see heart shapes in, on, or around something, that’s love sent from your beloved pet.
- Phone calls from unknown numbers on a static line could be your pet trying to connect with you.
- You may even find sweet reminders of them and their love through strands of fur, whiskers, nails, or even baby teeth.
How can we be sure that these signs are our pets connecting with us from the afterlife? Believe it, and you will feel it. Be aware of your surroundings and keep your heart open.
Do you want to keep your pet’s psychically close to you? Browse our custom memorial jewelry and keepsakes created by preserving your pet’s hair and/or ashes.
Receive Grief Support Resources delivered to your inbox (plus, a storewide discount code)